Browser cache. Simplest ways to clear your web browser cache in just two steps. Clearing cache on Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft edge, Opera browser with these simplest steps. Follow these very simple steps to empty your web browser cache.
When you visit a website, your browser takes pieces of the page and stores them on your computer’s hard drive. Web browsers employ web cache to store some part of a website or web page when a website is opened first time or the previously opened webpage has updated content. Cache is used when a website or webpage is reopened in the same browser, this time lesser amount of content is transferred between the server and the browser because the browser has already saved some content of that webpage as web cache when it was previously opened.
How cache & cookies work
- Cookies and cache make your online experience easier by saving browsing data.
- Cache remembers some parts of the webpages for example images, this makes webpages or websites load faster during your next visit.
How to clear web cache or browser cache
The simplest way to clear web cache in most browsers is
Open your browser history
Click on ‘Clear browsing data’ , Select the things you want to delete like browsing history, download history, cookies, cache, saved passwords, form auto fill data, etc.
However if you want detailed steps for particular browser you may read following.
In Google Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Press ctrl + H, this will open history tab.
- Click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- This will open clear browsing data tab.
- Select date range you want to delete data.
- Tick the boxes you want to delete.
- Click clear data.
- Everything you have selected is deleted now
In Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security
- In the Cookies and Site Datasection, click Clear Data.
- With ‘Cached Web Content’check marked, click the Clear
In Microsoft edge
- Open the edge browser.
- Open history tab.
- Click on ‘Clear all history’.
- Choose the time range from which you want to delete data.
- Click clear data
If you use Cortana and want to clear browsing history which is stored in the cloud.
- Select Change what Microsoft Edge knows about me in the cloud.
- Then select Clear browsing history.
- Open Opera browser.
- Go to ‘Preferences’.
- Click on ‘Advanced’.
- Now click on history.
- Click ‘Empty the cache’
You may also like
Categories: How to